Hamachi (Yellowtail) Teriyaki with Yuzu Kosho
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2 fillet yellowtail (hamachi, buri)
- 1/8 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 Tbsp neutral-flavored oil (vegetable, rice bran, canola ,etc) (for cooking)
- 1 clove garlic (silced)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
For the Seasonings
- 2 Tbsp sake
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4-1/2 tsp yuzu kosho ( japanese citrus chili paste) (optional)
- 1 green onions/ scallions (finely chopped)
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper on both sides of the fish. Then sprinkle flour and remove excess.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high and saute garlic until fragrant.
- In the skillet, place the fish with the skin side facing down (this side will be the top at the end). Cook until nicely browned.
- Flip over and cook the other side.
- When the fish is almost cooked, add the seasonings and butter.
- serve and garnish green onions on top.
- You can keep the leftovers in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.